The MyCrobz in our products are alive and dormant. If stored properly the liquid concentrates will last at least a year and the Bokashi Starter even longer. However, prolonged exposure to sunlight, heat, air or water will wake them up – and if no food source is available they will soon die. This will render the product ineffective and may cause it to smell rotten.
- Store our products out of direct sunlight
- Keep concentrates below 20°C – on a cement floor in the basement or even in the fridge (Bokashi Bran is a more stable and can be stored in the kitchen)
- Squeeze any excess air out of the bottle or bag before closing
- Transfer small amounts of liquids into smaller containers to avoid exposure to air
- Do not use with anti-bacterial products
- Use with non-chlorinated water if possible
- Check out our Solution Guides for complete details